For several years I’ve read the forums on the Chronicle of the Horse. One of my favorite parts of reading the posts are the great signature lines that many members have included. Some folks have a real knack for summing up their thoughts about horses and riding in 25 words or less.
Here are some of the ones that have caught my eye:
- Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from behind, or a fool from any direction.
- The horse you get off is not the same as the horse you got on. It’s your job to make sure he’s better
- The Horse World. 2 people, 3 opinions. That’s the way it is.
- The dog may be man’s best friend, but the horse made history.
- Life is short…Ride First, Muck Later
- GOLF COURSES: just a waste of valuable pasture land.
But my all time favorites are:
- If you think your hair style is more important than your brain then it probably is.
- Equus Makeus Brokus
Then there the quotes from famous people:
- “There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” ~Winston Churchill
- “Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.” ~W.C. Fields
- “A canter is the cure for every evil.” ~ Benjamin Disraeli
- “In riding a horse, we borrow freedom.” ~Pam Brown
- Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground. ~Author Unknown
- No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
- A man on a horse is spiritually as well as physically bigger than a man on foot. ~John Steinbeck
- Feeling down? Saddle up. ~Author Unknown